Monitoring staff shortages in the workplace are often cited as a major concern for HR professionals in the UK. There is a lot of confusion about legal rights to different types of holidays, and unintentional discrimination against certain groups or circumstances of individuals is often a very real fear. After COVID-19, these fears are now a reality more than ever. For this reason, it is important to keep track of your company's absenteeism management.
One of the best ways to effectively track and employee absenteeism management in your company is to implement a step-by-step plan to ensure that all identifiable aspects are covered. Legal experts outline some important steps to ensure that you comply with applicable laws and are able to fairly assess individual absence situations:
Image Source: Google
It is critical that all managers in your organization are adequately trained to handle absenteeism on a variety of topics including:
- Communication styles and the best way to communicate effectively
- Emphasize their obligation to look after all direct subordinates
- Different holiday law guarantees are understood and can be applied accordingly
The most effective absenteeism management training is not just an anti-tick exercise, This is an opportunity to ensure that your best resource – your people – is well taken care of.
After an employee returns from an absence, it is important that you provide ongoing support, including:
- Stay relaxed and enthusiastic when employees return to work
- Do ongoing assessments/pursuits to make sure they can handle it
- Be open and honest about any adjustments you make and review if necessary
- Most organizations can drastically reduce costs by managing absenteeism.
Once you've decided on a more effective absenteeism management process, the next steps are obvious. An introduction to modern, intuitive, cloud-based HR technology will go a long way in helping you achieve your absentee goals.