The process of the Netgear extender setup doesn’t end at making physical connections between the device and the computer. There are some configurations and settings that need to be configured manually in the extender setup page. By accessing the Mywifiext.net page, you will be able to setup the extender and start using it on the existing network.
Netgear Genie app has the number of advantages and benefits associated with the extender setup. Like for example, if more than one extender is configured on the network, then you can manage all the extenders from one platform. But if the Netgear genie appearing after installing the range extender, then there is some problem in the app.
When you try to open any website, you will find the Genie setup screen keeps on displaying in front screen. The reason why this occurs is due to the extender settings or misconfigured devices connected to the network.
Steps to troubleshoot this problem are:
- Restart the network by rebooting the router and range extender.
- After implementing step 1, reconnect to the default network of your range extender.
- Open the web browser followed by running the ‘Steps for Netgear Wi-Fi extender N300 setup using WPS push button’.
- If the problem persists, then reset the extender to default settings.
- Clear the browser cache and the browsing history of your web browser and device.
- It’s time to connect the PC to the default wireless network of the range extender.
- Launch any web browser at your computer or laptop followed by configuring the Wi-Fi Range Extender.
Note: Place the router and the extender at a minimum distance. The distance between the two should not extender 10 feet.
After you find the Netgear genie extender successfully installed, you can close the window and try accessing the internet. If you can access the websites, then it means the problem is eradicated and if you need further support, you can stay in touch with the Mywifiextfix experts available 24×7. You can call us on our toll free number and get the required help.